There are different types of massage with different objectives. All have many benefits at a physical and psychological level. What they are and why they do well.
We all know that it is a mime that does well, that helps us feel comforted and relieves pain and contractures. But the benefits of massage go further. Knowing the techniques that exist will help you understand why they can replace the medication and return your well-being more naturally.
It is clear that North Hampton massage is a way that treat yourself well. But its benefits go beyond that momentary pleasure. It is a powerful tool that can help you boost your health and well-being, both on a physical and spiritual level.
We review the different techniques that exist and how to perform a self-massage that helps you relieve tensions.
Some of its benefits are obvious, but others, for many, go unnoticed. Know them:
- It’s relaxing
When we go through moments of nervousness and anxiety the body produces unhealthy levels of the well-known stress hormone, cortisol, which triggers a lot of problems, from contractures to insomnia and digestive problems. Thanks to massage, the body enters recovery mode and lowers cortisol levels, enhancing lasting feelings of relaxation and better mood and mood.
- Reduce stress
Periodic sessions of this technique can increase energy levels, reduce pain and stimulate people both physically and emotionally.
- Helps lower blood pressure
Taking sessions on a regular basis helps reduce blood pressure levels, lowering the cardiac and cerebrovascular risk.
- Improves circulation
Good circulation brings blood and oxygen to damaged, stiff and tight muscles and reduces inflammation.
There are different techniques that, in general, have different objectives.
- In the head: it is aimed at reducing tension in the head, face and neck and pain derived from tension. It works by decompressing blood vessels in the area, relieving headaches, neuralgia, bruxism and other problems.
- With hot stones: Combines decontracting techniques with the use of hot stones, which relieve pain and stiffness, in addition to improving circulation. Normally, the stones that are used for this therapy are those of basalt, for its ability to conserve heat.
How to do massages with hot stones?
At a minimum, you need two oval stones about 20 cm long by 15 cm wide, and another seven that enter the palm of your hand. To heat them, you can use a special heater or a pot with water. Since they have to reach 40 ° C when using them, you can place a candy thermometer inside the pot to monitor the temperature.
When using them, it is advisable to put some oil or cream in the area and align the stones along the column. After a while, you have to move the stones gently over the rigid and painful areas. This technique practically does not cause pain, since the muscles must be quite relaxed by the effect of heat.
- Relaxing: aims to eliminate the stress and tension of a hard day of work. It is applied throughout the body with emphasis on the back and lower neck.
- Shiatsu or Japanese: It is a therapeutic technique that works on the meridian route of acupuncture and manages the energy through breathing and pressure. It seeks to stimulate or sedate the energy that flows through the body to promote health and healing.
- Therapeutic: focuses on the correction of musculoskeletal problems and disorders. In general it is made by specialists.
- Reflexology: It is based on the therapy theory of the area, which holds that the different parts of the body are reflected in the soles of the feet. In this way, activating certain parts is reflected in the organs, muscles or other parts of the body that need treatment, stimulating the self-healing mechanisms of the organism itself.