There are many situations that can make us lose control, especially if they are maintained over time, because in that case accumulated stress will end up generating sensations and / or emotions of a negative nature and harmful to us.
Tips to fight stress
Here are some tips to help for stress relief.
- Find out what it is that usually stresses you, in this way when you are clear about all the situations that generate stress, you will know that they will be able to act as a warning signal so that you can prepare yourself before them, that is, to look for alternatives to act before losing the control of the situation.
- Assess the level of demandthat you present before the different activities of your life. Sometimes being less demanding allowing you to relax the time periods or ways to carry out things, will allow you to assume responsibilities in a more calm way. Consider each day what you must do and demand to carry them out with high levels or unrealistic goals will end, in many cases, having feelings of frustration or disability.
- Learn to solve your present problemswithout thinking, often, in the future. Many people spend a large part of their day taking into account unrealistic problems that have not yet happened, and even hypothetical situations for which we have no evidence that they will happen. The wear and tear of thinking this way ends up generating a state of continuous stress.
- Delegate responsibilities, although sometimes difficult. It is important to share tasks with all the members of the family because the day to day carries a great load of activities that end up exhausting who decides to assume them in their integrity. Many times, the knowledge that we will do it faster or better than the other, causes them to be solved by a single person, not allowing the other to assume them or to give continuity to them.
- It is important to find a space on the day of restwhere you can relax or dedicate yourself to your hobbies or any other pleasant situation that allows you to disconnect from your daily tasks. If at the end of the week you consider that you only live to work or for other obligations, it is likely that you generate pessimistic and negative thoughts about your situation and may lead you to situations of sadness, anxiety or despair .
- Sometimes there are stressful and negative situations difficult to handle, because the alternatives of resolution of the same are scarce. In these cases, small changes can help us in the interpretation of what happens to us and in the way in which to face them, as well as the acceptance of that discomfort. All this can allow us to better position ourselves in the face of the conflict situation.
- Replace your negative thoughts with othermore positive and adaptive alternatives. Negative thoughts generate negative emotions, so we must be aware of the quality of our thoughts and the consequences they entail.
- Maintain healthy habitswith food, sports, hours of sleep, etc.
There are techniques that we usually use in the Psychology Center for the treatment of anxiety and stress , among others.